Friday, July 25, 2008

l'Alpe d'Zoobaix

Yesterday I finally conquered what I called L'Alpe D'Zoobaix. The third time I've ridden home from work, and I finally managed to find the way up to Washington Park and the Zoo. Because one of the roads is all torn up, I decided to call it "Zoobaix", though I actually rode through the gravel, potholes and all without having to stop, unclip and walk. And the climb wasn't really so bad. People were flying by me going downhill but there are actually some rather flat areas where I could gain speed. I also remembered hearing (maybe it was Phil Liggett) that you should accelerate on the corners when going uphill on switchbacks.

Due to stoplights, etc. it took me almost an hour and a half, but I didn't officially get lost or have to backtrack this time (or cheat by taking Max from Goose Hollow to Washington Park). Actually riding up the hill is much more satisfying than taking the elevator!

No comments: