Thursday, July 3, 2008

I did it! I commuted by bike!


Okay so I took Max part of the way to save time. See, here is my bike hanging upside down on the train.


And on the way home, though I was determined to ride the entire time, I skipped the ride up to the zoo because I'm not really sure of the route. I tried to map it out but because there are some paths that are not named roads, it's hard to figure out. Also I left work at 7pm so that didn't leave a lot of time for getting lost. I actually found some Dan Henry signs leftover from the Worst Day ride (which is the last time I rode from SE to Hillsboro - in 2007!) So that helped, riding along 26, crossing Sylvan and then cruising at 24mph down the other side of 26. I found Park Way, but then got totally lost and kept running into dead end streets in some neighborhood that was entirely unfamiliar. Finally I saw an elementary school and rode through that but didn't see a way out. I reallyl need to study the map of that area. I was laughing at myself by that time. Finally found 107th which lead me to Walker Road, so I was fine from them on. Pretty uneventful, and a fun ride for the most part. The best thing is that riding across the Hawthorne and along Water Street and the road in front of the office building where I work is not so bad. I was so worried about the deep ruts, potholes and tracks, not to mention the trucks, but I had no problems. I consider it an obstacle now overcome. Yay!

No comments: