Friday, December 5, 2008

New bike to be?

It's possible. I'm being persuaded. But first, colors have to be changed. Purple does not go with red. I like things to be more neutral, less flashy. And once I get my new Castelli Portland Velo gear, it would definitely clash, so it's better if I had something that would match. I'm thinking take off the purple and red, and add a dark blue. Or a PV blue.

I suppose it's time. I've had my Trek for 2 years now. It's not the perfect bike, but I really got tired of shopping around so I bought the only color they had, and it was all I could afford at the time. It's carried me over many miles and gotten me up some difficult climbs. It has now been fitted with fenders and flaps and is now the "rain bike". I think it's time for what KRhea calls the "uber-chick-rocket" lightweight climbing bike. It would be nice to have a bike that I love, one that looks good, and is fast, and one that I could ride as it's meant to be ridden. Yes, it's time. I just realized that I want to ride faster, be stronger. It's obviously the bike, right? It couldn't possibly be ME that's slow.

1 comment:

traci said...

if a new paint job will make you fall in love with that frame, then go for it. Otherwise, wait until you find The Bike.